Chironix develop, deploy, and continually enhance Human-Machine Teaming (HMT) products to integrate seamlessly in our customers operations. There are two Chironix core products, which are central to delivering customer HMT requirements, and they are Chiropak and PilotOS.
Chironix has established an HMT integration facility to deliver bespoke contract and integration work for customers across many industries, including defence, energy, and resources. This facility is based in our Perth head office.
Chironix knowledge is built on melding the in-house expertise of robotics hardware design, manufacture, and operations, with the in-house expertise of developing software to interface with and operate robotic hardware. The Chironix in-house expertise is complemented by the knowledge and expertise of our industry partners.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Deliver the contracted HMT requirements of Chironix customers through collaboration with the sales team as customer needs are scoped, developed, and delivered,
- Direct and project manage the Chironix people to deliver on the contracted customer requirements,
- In collaboration with the Lead Product Manager ensure the ongoing maintenance and future feature enhancement of the two core products, i.e. Chiropak and PilotOS.
As agreed with the Founder / CEO, you will take responsibility for key technical strategies that ensure Chironix remains at the forefront of HMT with their current, and all future, applied robotic products.
The key to success will be in your capability and capacity to bring a team of in-house experts and industry partners on the Chironix journey. This will be demonstrated through strong engagement with Chironix experts and Chironix industry partners, developing the technical knowledge of these people, nurturing and establishing longer term customer relationships and delivering on all the contracted technical requirements of our customers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Collaborate with the Chironix Leadership Team, Chironix technical team, industry partners and technology subject experts to ensure the necessary technical support can deliver on all customer initiatives through:
- Strategic planning, and operational execution of these plans to ensure Chironix’s applied robotics and automation capability remains a market leader in all identified industries.
- Contribution of the technical expertise and detailed knowledge of Chironix product capabilities and capacity for customer contract negotiations.
- Maintain industry knowledge on the development and future direction of technological advancements in the field both practical and theoretical.
- Providing technical leadership and support to Chironix technical team members, and industry partners.
- Providing people and program management skills to deliver the Chironix contracted customer projects and Chironix products to market.
- Empower and support Chironix technical team members to research and develop new technology ‘pilot’ opportunities that align with the Chironix strategy.
- Fostering an environment that continually develops the Chironix team, on both a professional and personal level.
- Consulting directly to customers on their specific applied robotics and automation projects.
- Collaboration with Chironix stakeholders to ensure ongoing development, enhancement, and delivery of quality and practical applied robotics and automated products.
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrable experience with robotics and automation as applied in any industry.
- Demonstrable experience with the application of robots and automation for customer operational requirements.
Training and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ program management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in multi-discipline teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in taking technology-based product(s) to market - from conception to delivery and after-sales support.
Preferred Personal Attributes, Skills and Abilities
- A passion for the deployment of robotics in the service of people.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, skills.
- Strong ability to recognise and analyse the business needs of Chironix and customers, recommend balanced technical solutions and enable delivery of those solutions.
- Strong innovation and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with a diverse group of customers, team members, and subject matter experts.
- Strong intent of self-development to remain a leading subject matter expert.